This position supports all day-to-day operations of the credit department. Under the oversight of the Credit Manager, the Credit Associate assists with the full credit process, delivers excellent customer service, and participates in ongoing department projects and other organizational initiatives. The Credit Associate helps to ensure the overall success of the department and works to meet established department goals.
Responsibilities of the Credit Associate include, but are not limited to:
- Establish credit-worthiness of new customer through application review and research.
- Create/open new accounts & maintaining files.
- Maintain customers credit limits & balances. Including overrides and creating contracts.
- Identify and collect past due accounts including filing small claims and criminal complaints.
- Process Lien releases.
- Process payments, and support accounting department as needed.
- Foster relationships with other Shepley departments, customers, courts, and collections attorneys/agencies through excellent communication.
- Work with confidential information protected by state and federal laws.
- Handle customer account updates.
- Work to identify and maintain efficient processes.
- Keep up to date on industry best practices.
- Participate in and take lead on department and organizational projects as requested.
- Act as a positive representative of the department both internally and externally.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Plus 1 Saturday/month (8 a.m. – 12 p.m.).
Office environment. Minimal travel by car. Possible travel by boat & airplane.
- Repetitive stooping, twisting
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Repetitive squatting, kneeling
- Prolonged standing, walking
- Lifting over 25 pounds
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster relationships.
- Excellent organization, time management, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
- Strong problem-solver.
- Ability to work well independently and with a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, as well as familiarity with basic office equipment (printers, copiers, scanners, and telephones).
- Credit and collection and/or accounting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of credit scoring and Fair Debt Collection laws a plus.
- Proven ability to learn new software quickly, allowing for fluency in Agility after 90 days.
High School diploma required.