The Credit Associate position supports all day-to-day operations of the credit department. Under the oversight of the Credit Manager, the Credit Associate assists with the full credit process, delivers excellent customer service, and participates in ongoing department projects and other organizational initiatives. The Credit Associate helps to ensure the overall success of the department and works to meet established department goals.
Establish credit-worthiness of new customer through application review and research.
Maintain files, customer credit limits & balances.
Identify and collect past due accounts including filing small claims and criminal complaints.
Foster relationships with other Shepley departments, customers, courts, and collections attorneys/agencies through excellent communication.
Must be able to work with confidential information and use discretion with customers around sensitive topics.
Ability to identify and maintain efficient processes and stay up to date on industry best practices is essential.
Act as a positive representative of the department both internally and externally.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Plus 1 Saturday/month (8 a.m. – 12 p.m.).
Office environment. Minimal travel by car. Possible travel by boat & airplane.
- Repetitive stooping, twisting
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Repetitive squatting, kneeling
- Prolonged standing, walking
- Lifting over 25 pounds
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster relationships.
- Excellent organization, time management, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
- Strong problem-solver.
- Ability to work well independently and with a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, as well as familiarity with basic office equipment (printers, copiers, scanners, and telephones).
- Credit and collection and/or accounting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of credit scoring and Fair Debt Collection laws a plus.
- Proven ability to learn new software quickly, allowing for fluency in Agility after 90 days.
High School diploma required.