Gate Guard (Part-time)
The Gate Guard position is responsible for greeting all customers and assisting them with location of materials. The Gate Guard also checks all contractor vehicles leaving the facility to ensure orders are correct.
Greet customers as they come in and ensure they are contractors. Direct customers and visitors as needed.
Check all outgoing vehicles (toolboxes, beds, cabs, etc.) to ensure invoice and product match, and that payments were made or invoiced. If they don’t agree, refer the customer back to the office.
Track Shepley trucks leaving and returning,
Communicate any visitors and/or deliveries to appropriate departments.
Provide security to the grounds.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Two days per week.
Outside shed – in all weather conditions.
- Repetitive stooping, twisting
- Exposure to skin irritants
- Exposure to dust/fumes/airborne particles
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Repetitive squatting, kneeling
- Prolonged standing, walking
- Exposure to all forms of weather conditions
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Some experience in the lumber industry preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent.