Production Paint Machine Operator
This position is responsible for working with a team to paint boards as assigned using a paint machine. No painting experience required!
Responsibilities of the Production Paint Machine Operator include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Feed boards into machine while catcher pulls board out following application of paint.
- Maintain production flow and daily reports.
- Identify and resolve machine and quality problems.
- Communicate with loading/offloading team to ensure constant production flow.
- Set up machine according to AM Checklist, cut plastic, and set up feed end (feed rollers and brushes).
- Pull boards after paint has been applied and place boards on drying rack without scraping bottom of boards.
- Turn drying racks to fill other side – call off-loaders to bring rack to drying room.
- Inspect boards to ensure coverage is complete and meets established quality standards.
- Between boards, catcher should get drips and finger prints off boards and paint board ends.
- Tag first and last board of each lift to direct loader where lift starts and ends. Outside vendor lifts should have lift number on tags.
- Work with feeder to have continuous high-quality production.
- Transfer stock in and out of Bin and Paint Rooms.
- Unwrap and tally all goods to be painted and place on proper carts. Ensure tally tickets are on all lifts (stock, special orders, outside vendors).
- Keep paint stocked and machine filled to maintain uninterrupted production.
- Package all stock orders, special orders, and outside vendors’ orders following accepted guidelines.
- Move full racks from paint machine to drying room.
- Set up room for production every morning.
- Band all lifts according to guidelines so lifts are the same.
- Maintain equipment: banding machine, vinyl strapper, and forklift.
- Close down shop following established procedures.
- Bin knots according to established techniques paying attention to Bin guidelines.
- Know how to identify a Shepley Quality board.
- Prime special orders by hand as assigned by Supervisor.
- Communicate with co-workers to re-stock raw pine and remove lifts of binned boards.
- Sweep and clean wherever stock change is occurring.
- Notify appropriate personnel when supplies get low.
- Ensure tally tickets are on all lifts coming out of Bin area.
- Maintain opening and closing checklist and fill out daily Bin reports.
- Notify appropriate personnel regarding cut boards, rip boards, and dunnage boards.
- Use lock out/tag out procedures when machine is being cleaned.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Maintain inventories: pain, machine brushes, thinner, clamps, hoses, etc.
- Report all safety issues and employee injuries to supervisors immediately.
- Assist in other areas as needed.
Hours are: Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. and some Saturdays 7 a.m. – noon.
- Repetitive stooping, twisting
- Exposure to skin irritants
- Exposure to dust/fumes/airborne particles
- Repetitive squatting, kneeling
- Prolonged standing, walking
- Lifting over 50 pounds
Minimum: high school diploma or equivalent.