Class B CDL Driver
This position is responsible for the delivery of lumber, building materials, and millwork.
Responsibilities of the CDL Driver include the following, but are not limited to:
1. Make safe and timely deliveries.
2. Carry materials from truck to job site without damage to product or injury to employee.
3. Collect payment due on COD’s following established company procedures.
4. Pick up credit returns from jobsite.
5. Assist in loading truck.
6. Assume responsibility for all documentation taken on delivery.
7. Inspect vehicles daily and report any discrepancies to vehicle control supervisor.
8. Check truck per DOT and complete DOT form.
9. Ensure vehicle is fueled and oil is full upon completion of afternoon run.
10. Log in and fill out manifest completely.
11. Maintain a clean and safe work environment, including truck.
12. Report to supervisor any safety issues or employee injuries immediately.
Mon – Fri: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm, Saturday as scheduled
- Repetitive stooping, twisting
- Exposure to dust/fumes/airborne particles
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Repetitive squatting, kneeling
- Prolonged standing, walking
- Lifting over 50 pounds
- Valid Class B or better driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Knowledge of Cape and Nantucket towns, map reading, lumber and millwork materials.
- Strong simple math skills.
- Excellent customer service (internal and external) skills.
- Positive, can-do attitude is required.
Minimum: High School diploma or equivalent.