The Inside Sales position is responsible for managing day-to-day sales activities in line with the strategy set forth by Shepley Wood Products and Outside Sales Leaders. Day-to-day sales activities include but are not limited to quoting, ordering, setting up deliveries, follow up (internal & external), review and verification of documentation, product research, training (internal & external), answering phones, and servicing walk in customers.
Prepare and present professional and accurate material quotes.
Review projects and building plans to assess customer needs. Act as an advisor for customers to identify needs and resources.
Oversee and prepare special orders.
Maintain regular communication with customers and follow up on outstanding material quotes.
Input sales orders quickly and accurately to our internal systems.
Oversee the fulfillment of orders to ensure products are received on time and on budget.
Strive to exceed customer service expectations.
Work well in highly collaborative team atmosphere.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Saturdays 7 a.m. – noon.
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Repetitive squatting, kneeling
- Prolonged standing, walking
- 3 to 5 years building materials industry preferred.
- Construction industry experience is a plus.
- Self-motivated and conscientious with high energy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer aptitude and willingness to learn product and computer systems.
- Exceptional organizational skills; ability to multi-task; strong sense of urgency.
High School diploma.Building material sales experience preferred. Construction industry experience is a plus.