Experienced Inside Sales
Responsible for managing day-to-day sales activities in line with the strategy set forth by Shepley Wood Products and Outside Sales Leaders. Day-to-day sales activities include but are not limited to quoting, ordering, setting up deliveries, follow up (internal & external), review and verification of documentation, product research, training (internal & external), answering phones, and servicing walk in customers.
Responsibilities of the Inside Sales include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Prepare and present professional and accurate material quotes.
2. Thoroughly review special order products with customers to ensure they understand what is being ordered.
3. Obtain and retain signed special order confirmations for all special order products.
4. Maintain regular contact with customers and follow up on outstanding material quotes.
5. Input sales orders quickly and accurately.
6. Oversee the fulfillment of ‘delivery orders’ to ensure products are received on time and in full.
7. Perform thorough review of building plans with customers to assess needs.
8. Submit plans for material takeoff and track progress to ensure customer needs are met.
9. Actively manage customer projects to ensure they stay on schedule and on budget.
10. Strive to exceed customer service expectations.
11. Work well in highly collaborative team atmosphere.
12. Actively seeks out opportunities for continuous improvement.
13. Able to effectively communicate with a diverse group of people across multiple mediums (i.e. phone, email, face to face, etc.)
14. Works with purpose and appropriate level of urgency.
15. Manage day to day business needs, and requests for all assigned accounts and prospects.
16. Receive and respond appropriately to customer feedback.
17. Work with vertical product specialists to maximize wallet share.
18. Accomplish individual, department, and organizational goals by accepting ownership and working strategically.
19. Attend all scheduled training sessions offered.
20. Perform any necessary assignments requested by supervisor.
21. Act in accordance with all company policy / state and federal laws.
Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Saturdays 7 a.m. – noon.
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Repetitive squatting, kneeling
- Prolonged standing, walking
- 3 to 5 years building materials industry preferred.
- Construction industry experience is a plus.
- Self-motivated and conscientious with high energy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer aptitude and willingness to learn product and computer systems.
- Exceptional organizational skills; ability to multi-task; strong sense of urgency.
High School diploma.Building material sales experience preferred. Construction industry experience is a plus.