Forklift Operator/ Load Builder
This position is responsible for operating and maintaining forklifts in the yard. Year-round position. No experience necessary.
- Maintenance of forklift mechanics.
- Operate forklift following established safety guidelines.
- Build loads accurately.
- Package loads to be delivered without damaging the products.
- Maintain clean and safe of the yard.
- Learn product and its use.
- Assist the shipper in getting loads delivered on time.
- Maintain forklift - check before every shift.
- Assist other employees when needed.
- Load or unload trucks as needed with forklift.
- Put stock away as needed.
- Ability to function and perform in all weather conditions.
- Any reasonable function requested by supervisor.
40 hours/week (Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. plus every other Saturday).
- Repetitive stooping, twisting
- Exposure to skin irritants
- Exposure to dust/fumes/airborne particles
- Repetitive squatting, kneeling
- Prolonged standing, walking
- Lifting over 50 pounds
- Excellent customer service (internal and external) skills.
- Strong simple math skills.
- Positive attitude.
High School diploma or equivalent.