Our recent addition of Kayu Batu exotic hardwood decking has proven to be an excellent choice for outdoor/indoor decking. It is used by interior designers, architects, builders and homeowners worldwide. It is among one of the high quality products imported by KAYU International from Indonesia.
Kayu Batu is an incredibly durable wood. Its dense cell structure serves as a natural deterrent to decay, insects and molds. Its high quality is of no doubt why it is often found in the construction of projects that require water-resistant woods like boat docks, bridges or watercraft ramps. It is an ideal option for Cape Cod new home construction porches and decks, as well as new deck additions and existing deck renovations. Interest in Kayu Batu is growing with our customer’s clients in the Wellfleet area due to its natural warm beauty.
Some of its features:
- 25 Year Limited Warranty
- Uniquely beautiful; darker reddish-brown in color
- 100% clear grade; always inspected by KAYU exclusive graders
- 100% natural and 100% organic, with no preservatives or additives
- Low maintenance, allow to weather to silver patina color or clean, wash & oil to bring back the decks natural beauty and warmth
- Kiln dried for consistent application
There are a few particulars worth noting before/during installation:
- Allow adequate ventilation for proper air flow to reduce cupping and checking
- Minimum ground clearance of 18” for maximum long-term stability and longevity
- Kayu decking does not shrink or expand end to end, so neatly trim the ends and butt together
- Face screwing and edge screwing are the most effective methods of installation. It is not recommended to use hidden clip fasteners or nails