To our valued customers,
All Shepley branches are open for business and ready to help with quotes, orders, and deliveries. We are fully committed to be open through the COVID-19 crisis, while keeping the health & safety our employees and our community a top priority.
Nantucket Island put in a two week moratorium on all construction late yesterday. The moratorium will start this Friday 3/20/20 at 5 PM and end Monday AM 4/6/20. Failure to observe the moratorium will result in a stop work order by the town. The moratorium is in response to the concern of commuting workers potentially bringing the virus to Nantucket, resulting in a full quarantine of the Island.
During this time, we will be actively working to prepare for the return to work at the lifting of this moratorium on Nantucket. We are asking for extra safety measures to be taken on Nantucket for everyone’s protection. As a small island with a tight community, extra caution is important.
- Our Nantucket branch will be open and partially staffed with on-island employees. For the safety of you and our staff, the office will be closed to customers, please do not physically enter the building. We ask that you use phone communication to ensure safe distancing.
- If you visit the yard or warehouse, please keep a minimum of 6’ or more of distance between you and anyone else.
- We will be available through the moratorium for help with quotes, orders, and pick-ups. Due to the Nantucket building moratorium, we anticipate that deliveries will be very limited on island for the next two weeks.
- We will continue to quote and place orders for extended lead time items to ensure a seamless transition back to work.
- We will be fully ready to serve our customers as the moratorium is lifted.
We have already taken a number of actions to ensure the safety of customers, employees, and the Cape & Islands community.
- As of Monday, March 16, we suspended all nonresident travel to Nantucket.
- We have enforced social distancing protocols to all our locations in line with the CDC recommendations.
- We have close to a third of our total staff working remotely with full computer and phone access to keep people safely separated. On Nantucket Island, more than half our sales staff is setup to work remotely.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing all common areas, counters, door handles, etc.
Our Hyannis and Wellfleet branches remain operational. Our suppliers are continuing to ship to us, we are well equipped with inventory, and our staff has been remarkable through these challenges.
We will continue to keep you informed daily of any developments. Above all, we appreciate your courage and your patience through these challenging times.